Availability

Chapel Street Stratford-upon-Avon Warwickshire England
Click for more information
Nash's House stands in Chapel Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire. The house was named after Thomas Nash, first husband of William Shakespeare's granddaughter, and a wealthy local property owner. Nash’s House is a well preserved Tudor building and has been converted into a museum, with the ground floor furnished as it would have been in Nash's day.| The house is next door to the ruins and gardens of William Shakespeare's final residence, New Place. This was the house bought by William Shakespeare in 1597. By the late 1590s, Shakespeare was an established playwright and had amassed enough wealth to afford a new family home. New Place was the second biggest house in Stratford at the time and it was where Shakespeare lived when he was not in London. He died here in 1616.| From March 2010 until November 2012 the site of New Place was excavated, and both the BBC (National Treasures Live) and Channel 4 (Time Team) visited the dig and broadcast programmes from the site.
More Information >>
Featured Hotels
CLICK TO BOOK!