Meliden is a small village in Denbighshire, North Wales. It is bordered by Prestatyn to the north, Dyserth to the south, Gwaenysgor to the east and Rhyl to the west. Nearby towns and villages include Abergele, Colwyn Bay, Rhuddlan, Towyn, Llanasa, Trelawnyd and Talacre.
A spectacular waterfall can be found in nearby Dyserth. The river Ffyddion, a tributary of the Clwyd, flows through the village and falls over a 70ft ledge, creating the waterfall. During the early 19th century, mines were opened up around the village and water was diverted towards them, causing the waterfall to dry up. With the closure of the mines in 1884, the waterfall was back in full flow and has remained a popular tourist attraction ever since.
St Melyd's church dates back to the 13th century, with the font near the door being as old as 1175. An interesting fact about the church is that skeletons were found during a recent renovation, lying underneath the churchyard wall. These people would have sold their soul to the Devil and thus been forced to be buried 'in between' grounds—not outside the church grounds but not inside either.