Loggerheads is a village in Denbighshire, Wales. It stands on the banks of the River Alyn, in the shadow of Moel Famau (554m) and two miles to the west of Mold.
Renowned for its unusual title the village is also home to the Loggerheads Coaching Inn that sits below a sign showing two men grimacing at each other with the words We Three Loggerheads.
Some say the name Loggerheads may come from the dispute over estate boundaries between the lordships of Mold and Llanferres.
The Loggerheads Country Park stands in a beautiful wooded river valley, its dramatic limestone cliffs and outcrops are great for a short stroll or an ideal place to start exploring the Clwydian Range. It has a well-marked Discovery Trail and easily accessible pathways leading to the sites of a working flour mill and old lead mines, once owned by the Grosvenor family.
The Devils Gorge caves would have probably been used to mine lead in what was once a busy working valley, and the rock walls of the gorge are used by climbers - many abseil down the 120-foot drop, some to raise money for charity.
Walks, Cycle Trails and Other Activities
The Leete Walk, within the country park, follows the route of a leat or leete, built around 1824, that follows the side of the valley and was used to carry water to the lead mines.
Within just a few short miles there are several Mountain Bike Trails including the Cilcain Short Trails and the Moel Famau and Moel Arthur Trails.