Llysworney is situated 3 miles north of Llantwit Major and 2.5 miles west of Cowbridge in the Vale of Glamorgan. Bridgend is 7 miles to the east, whilst Cardiff can be found 17 miles to the north east.
There is a 13th Century church, an historic pub, garage and a village pond with ducks and ducklings.
The village church, dedicated to St Tydfil, dates back to the 12th century. The first mention of the church to be found is 1173 as a possession of Tewkesbury Abbey. However, the presence of an early Christian monument, possibly a lintel (now embedded in the stonework of the external south wall), suggests that it may have been a pre-Norman foundation. It is built in an irregular shape, believed to symbolise Jesus' as he hung on the Cross. Although there have been several restorations over the years, thankfully the building has not undergone any drastic changes. The church contains a chancel, nave, south porch, vestry and a tower with only one bell. In 1894 new floors were laid down, some walling pulled down and the roof was raised. Later in 1997 there was a large restoration funded by the sale of the School House next door to the church.
Llysworney attracts anglers each year for its village pond. These ponds, which once used to breed exotic fish, have now turned into a small fishery. Bream, mirror carp, green tench, golden tench, roach rudd and catfish can all be found here.