Llyswen is situated on the bank of the River Wye in Powys, South Wales. In English its name means “The White Court”, which is believed to have stood above the village. A castle was also built here, but nothing is known about it except that it was seized by the Marcher Lords, following several Norman invasions.
St Gwendoline's church was rebuilt in 1863 and nothing of the original building survived. The roof was repaired later in 1964. Inside there is a nave and narrow chancel, a south porch, west tower, two-centred arched doorway and open roof with collars.