Llanrhystud is situated along the West coast of Wales in the county of Ceredigion. The rivers Carrog, Wyre and Wyre Fach meet on the east side of Llanrhystud before flowing into the sea.
St Rhystud's church dates back to 1852, replacing an earlier site whose remains may still be evident under the Belfry. An old door was found under it in 1958, with holes found to the left and right of it, presumably to hold up the loft. The lower part of the Belfry dates back to the 14th century or earlier. The font also belongs to the original church and is an impressive stone basin with lead lining.