The village of Llangan lies between Bridgend and Cowbridge in the Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales. The capital city of Cardiff is less than 30 minutes away, whilst the Brecon Beacons Park can be reached in less than an hour.
Several trails / rights of way radiate out from Llangan into the surrounding countryside and the Valeways Millennium Heritage Trail is within a mile of the village.
Llangan church is dedicated to St Canna and dates back to the 12th century, although the exterior was heavily restored in 1856. At the time, a nave, south porch and school rooms were added on to the north chancel and bellcote. In the churchyard, under a lych-gate type canopy, can be found a magnificent Celtic stone cross, which dates to the late 9th Century or early 10th Century.
Also within the grounds of the church can be found a medieval sandstone carved cross. It is a rare example of a 15th Century cross with four steps, a shaft and head carved on four sides. The cross has two tiers and a fully carved Calvary.