The village of Llangain sits near the Towy estuary in the county of Carmarthenshire, South West Wales. The village lies on the B4312 between Llansteffan and Carmarthen. The area consists of beautiful stretches of woodlands and rolling green hills.
Llangain Parish Church, dedicated to St Cain, was built in 1871. A beautiful tiled mural, in memory of the Gwyn family of Pilroath and Plas Cwrthir, can be found either side of the altar within St Cain's church. A chalice in the church dates back to 1576.
Castell Moel is situated around 1km north east of Llangain on the banks of the Towy River. Although the remains were never a fortified castle, there was also an earlier motte and bailey castle 550m to the south of the site. However, nothing is known of the original settlement. The ruins may be overgrown, but the structure is still visible and it is easy to spot where the windows, doorways and fireplaces would have been.
There are a few cromlechs or dolmens close to Llangain. Meini Llwydion (Greystones) to the south west of the village, and Merlin's Quoits (Standing Stones) to the west of the village. They are presumed to be communal burial places for family groups dating back to the Neolithic period (c.3000 BC).