Llanfilo lies to the north of the Brecon Beacons National Park in Powys, South Wales. Llanfilo is 6 miles north of Brecon and 2 miles west of Talgarth and lies on the north side of Allt Filo, one mile above the A470 in the valley of the River Llynfi.
The church at Llanfilo is dedicated to St Bilo (Beilo), and would have originally been a Norman edifice. The walls date back to the 13th century, although a lot of work was carried out early in the last century. Around 1710 the chancel was restored, and later in 1881 the tower and spire were rebuilt. During the 19th century a section of the church was used as a school room, but was later used as a vestry.