Llanelian-yn-Rhos is a village in Conwy County, North Wales. It is bordered to the south east by Dolwen, Bryn-y-Maen to the west, Old Colwyn to the north and Mochdre to the North West.
Near by towns and villages include Colwyn Bay, Abergele, Llandudno, Conwy, Llysfaen, Rhos-on-Sea, and Llanddulas. Mynydd Llanelian lies around 3km to the south west of Llanelian-yn-Rhos.
The village enjoys magnificent views of the surrounding countryside and the North Wales coastline.
The hamlet of Llanelian is centred on the ancient church of Saint Elian's and its neighbouring property the White Lion Inn.
St Elian's is an historic church, probably founded in the 6th Century: on the north nave wall is a medieval painted panel, once part of a rood-loft; above the east wall are paintings of the life of the Virgin Mary; and the church contains a fifteenth century font with a seventeenth century cover.
St Elian's flourished as a late-medieval pilgrimage centre, and offerings from pilgrims probably paid for the enlargement and beautification of the church.
Next to the church gate is the public house, The White Lion Inn, which displays on the swinging inn sign above the door the rampant white lion of the Holland's of Teyrdan. Humphrey Holland, squire of the estate, was entombed in the church grounds - according to the worn epitaph on the tomb that proclaims he departed this life in 1612.
The pub / restaurant is possibly the oldest country inn in North Wales with parts of the building reputed to date back over 1200 years; part of the existing pub served as a shippon and a granary. The current building retains its original Welsh slate floor and oak beamed ceiling: a 19th century church pew is utilised as one of the seats for customers.
Llanelian is well known for the cursing well of St. Elian. In years gone by, for a small fee, a curse could be registered with a person's name etched on a stone, which was then dropped into the well. The activity of cursing seems to have disappeared in the 19th Century.