Llanbadarn Fawr is situated close to Aberystwyth in the county of Ceredigion, West Wales. The Rheidol river passes south of the village from its source at Nant y Moch reservoir, before running into the sea in Aberystwyth.
The village has the best of both worlds, being some 2 miles from the seaside at Aberystwyth yet only 10 miles from the rugged beauty of Devils Bridge and the famous mountain bike trails of Nant y Moch and Nant yr Arian. Railway Buffs will love the Vale of Rheidol Railway, one of the Great Little Trains of Wales ...the last steam railway owned by British Rail until it was privatised in 1989.
St Padarn's church was built in 1879 in place of the original Norman building. Its ceiling dates back to this time, and windows added in the 1920 are in honour of saints Padarn, Dewi (David) and Teilo.