Eglwysbach is a village in the county of Conwy, North Wales. The origin of the name Eglwysbach has evoked controversy and there are several views as to the origins and spelling of the name Eglwysbach which stem from as far back as 1254.
The village is renowned for the annual Eglwysbach Agricultural show and horticultural show in August, which includes displays of local cattle, sheep, heavy and light horses, showjumping a horticulture marquee, fairground rides and trades stands.
Eglwys St. Martin's Church dates back to 1254 and is named after St. Martin, the Patron saint of soldiers. The first church on this site has not survived and was pulled down in 1781. The new building was completed in 1790 in the format we see today. The East window of the church is an impressive stained glass installed “In Thanksgiving for Deliverance” and was dedicated to the Bishop of St. Asaph in 1950.
The village sits in a hollow below the hills of Moel Gyffylog, Mwdwl Eithin, and Mynydd Esgair Ebrill; several streams run down the steep hillside including the Nant y Rhaglaw, and the Afon Hiraethlyn.
The Bee Inn forms the hub of the village -although some might claim the Post Office or the Church - with one and all frequenting the place at some point. Whether it's for the local fundraisers, male voice choirs, the Eglwsbach show or even the near world famous 'Eglwysbach Ashes'.