Dyserth lies near St Asaph in rural Denbighshire, North Wales. It is bordered by Meliden to the north, Cwm to the south east, Trelawnyd to the east and Rhuddlan to the west. Nearby towns and villages include Prestatyn, Rhyl, Rhuddlan, Denbigh, Bodelwyddan, Abergele and Whitford.
The main landmark in Dyserth is the waterfall. The river Ffyddion, a tributary of the river Clwyd, flows through the village and falls over a 70ft ledge, creating the mesmerising waterfall. During the early 19th century, mines were opened up around the village and water was diverted towards them, causing the waterfall to dry up. With the closure of the mines in 1884, the waterfall was back in full flow and has remained a popular tourist attraction ever since.
The village church is dedicated to St Bridget and dates back to the 13th century. With the extensive restoration of churches during the Victorian era, St Bridget's was no exception and was heavily renovated during the 1870s by Gilbert Scott. The building contains a magnificent stained glass window, which displays the twelve Apostles and the family tree of Christ.
A castle once stood in Dyserth but it only had a short life. Built circa 1245, in 1263 it was invaded by Llywelyn the Last and after six weeks was left destroyed.