Croes-goch is a village on the A487 in Pembrokeshire, West Wales. It is situated just two miles south of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park on the Fishguard to St David's road.
As with much of rural Wales a large part of community life in Croesgoch revolves around the agricultural industry in various forms - from farming to farm stores, farm vehicle repairs/garages, and every year in the month of June a vintage tractor run is held in Croesgoch. Many farmers have diversified into the holiday industry with holiday cottages housed in now redundant barns and farm outbuildings.
The village has a primary school (Ysgol Gymunedol Croesgoch), a pub and restaurant (the Artramont Arms), two art galleries (one on the main street in an old Welsh long house), a garage (Forge Garage), and a large farm store (Croesgoch Farm Stores).
The main street has some interesting vernacular architecture - single storey Welsh long houses with rendered slate roofs. These are adjacent to some even more interesting 'tin houses' - two storey houses clad with corrugated-tin sheeting.
There is no church in the village, the nearest being in the larger village of Llanrhian to the north, but there is a Baptist chapel, Capel Croesgoch, a fine well proportioned building dating from 1858 (which I believe is still holding services on a fortnightly basis as of 2012).
The name of the village is thought by some to originate from an ancient battle and mass slaughter, resulting in a mythical river of blood that formed the shape of a red (goch) cross (croes).
A number of archaeological finds demonstrate human activity in the area as far back as the Mesolithic period (10,000 – 4,400BC). Moreover, artefacts have been found at Treglemais Farm dated to the Neolithic period (4,400 – 2,300BC), and a possible chromlech, or burial chamber, stands to the south west of the village, near Lecha Farm.
In 1800 a Long Cist Burial (stone coffin) was found at Parc y Fynwent (Cemetery Field) which contained human remains and a sword. In 2000 building work uncovered further graves, dating from AD 370-600.
There are a number of circular walks in the vicinity and it is just a short walk (1 and ½ mile, 2km) to the splendours of the Wales Coastal path at Aber Draw.