Coalbrookvale is situated in the county of Blaenau Gwent, South Wales. It is surrounded by the towns and villages of Blaina, Brynmawr, Ebbw Vale, Abertillery, Tredegar, Rhymney and Nantyglo. The village sits on the A467 road which runs from Blackrock to Newport, and is close to the A465 Swansea to Abergavenny road.
Once a prime village in the coal industry, Coalbrookvale was shadowed with black smoke and the only sounds to be heard were those coming from the colleries. Today, the mines have long since closed and the village is now filled with a peaceful and quiet atmosphere.
Holy Christ church is relatively new, built between 1850 and 1854. The building contains beautiful stained glass Flemish windows, an impressive tower with ten bells, and a magnificent painted ceiling.