Cellan is a village that stands on the banks of the River Teifi, about three miles east-north-east of Lampeter on the B4343 Tregaron Road.
The river Teifi rises in the Cambrian Mountains some 2000 feet above sea level and being some 75 miles in length, the river runs through the heart of south-west Wales on its journey west to Cardigan Bay.
Cyclists will appreciate the on-road Teifi Valley cycle route that passes through Cellan en-route from Aberystwyth in the north west to the coast at Cardigan, passing through the handsome towns of Tregaron, Lampeter, Llandysul and Newcastle Emlyn.
The Sarn Helen Roman road passes close by on its way from Carmarthen to the North of Wales.
There are few facilities within the village other than the historic chapels and churches; however, the university town of Lampeter is close enough to serve the everyday needs of the village folk.
The spiritual needs of the village are met by the All Saints Church (Church in Wales) on the northern edge of the village - a fine building erected in 1668 and restored in 1865.
Caeronnen chapel (Unitarian) and cemetery stands in the middle of the village and one of the outbuildings of the present Caeronnen Farm was probably used as a religious meeting place around 1685. The congregation became Unitarian in the middle of the nineteenth century after much controversy in the area and the building of the nearby Congregational chapel, Capel yr Erw.
In the cemetery is the grave of Sali Davies, a Deputy Headmistress at the school in Lampeter, who refused to receive her State Pension because the forms were not available in Welsh. The old schoolroom used to be on the upper floor of the house which stands next to the present chapel. (Unitarian Historical Society).