The village of Eaton Bishop lies in the county of Herefordshire, England. The village sits south west of Credenhill, east of Madley and north east of Kingstone. The village lies on the outskirts of the City of Hereford and nearby towns and villages include Breinton common, Clehonger, Upper Breinton, Warham and Canon Bridge.
The church is on high ground overlooking the valley of the River Wye. The Doomsday Book records that the Manor was given to Walter, an early Bishop of Hereford, by William the Conqueror, and the church records, dating from 1544, are among the oldest in the country.
The village church of St Michaels and All Angels is renowned for its outstanding 14th century stained glass, recognised as some of the finest stained glass in England. The exact date when St Michael and All Angels church was founded is not known, but it seems very likely that a stone church with a nave and chancel existed here prior to the Norman invasion in 1066. The triangular roofline of this early building can be seen clearly against the current west wall.
In the 12th century a sturdy tower was added, as much a defence against the marauding Welsh as a tribute to God. The tower now contains a peel of six bells, and has recently been the subject of major renovation work.