The village of Byford sits on the north bank of the River Wye, Herefordshire, England. The Wye Valley is one of the most dramatic landscape areas in Southern Britain.
Byford lies north of Cublington, south east of Staunton on Wye, south west of Mansell Lacy and east of Moccas.
The parish church of St John the Baptist sits in the village. Much of the church is either Norman or medieval, though the West tower is 18th Century. Although the early fabric of the church is 12th century, the new tower was built in 1715, and the Victorians undertook restoration work in the 19th Century.
The Wye Valley walk passes through the village via a section of a Roman road that is near to the village. The Wye Valley Walk is a 136 mile walk that goes from Chepstow to Rhayader and continues to its source near Pumlumon in the hills above Aberystwyth.