Trofarth sits to the north east of Eglwysbach in Conwy county, North Wales. It is bordered to the west by Tal-y-Cafn, Llanfair Talheiarn to the south east, Dawn to the north east and Gell to the south west. Nearby towns and villages include Abergele, Colwyn Bay, Llandudno, Conwy, Llangernyw, Dolwen, Llysfaen, Glan Conwy and Betws yn Rhos. The river Elwy passes 2.5km to the south east of Trofarth. It is formed by the meeting of the rivers Cledwen, Collen and Gathen, and joins with the river Clwyd between St Asaph and Rhuddlan.
The old church at Trofarth was built in 1873 and is dedicated to St John. A small church with lancet windows, it consisted of a nave, a small chancel, a south porch and it had a bellcote at the west end. It was restored in 1899 by the Chester firm of architects, Douglas & Fordham, who added a vestry at the northeast and an organ chamber, and increased the size of the chancel by extending it into the nave. In January 2009 permission was obtained for the building to be converted for domestic use.
More Trofarth Tourist Information >>