Trelawnyd is a small village in Flintshire, North Wales. It is bordered by Gawenysgor to the north, Marian Cwm to the south west, Marian to the east and Dyserth to the west. Nearby towns and villages include Rhuallt, Prestatyn, Rhuddlan, St Asaph, Whitford, Axton, Llanasa and Gwespyr. The village was originally known as Newmarket, but after Rhyl was confirmed as being the leading market town, it changed its name to Trelawnyd, meaning 'Town full of wheat' in 1954.
St Michael's church dates back to 1291, although the present church was built in 1724. The building underwent heavy restoration in the 19th century and today consists of a nave, chancel, vestry, and south porch. The church yard contains a 14th century cross and 18th century tomb.....
More Trelawnyd Tourist Information >>