The market town of Tregaron is situated in the upper Teifi Valley some ten miles north east of Lampeter in Ceredigion, West Wales. The town straddles the Afon Brennig (a tributary of the Teifi) and sits on the western flank of the Cambrian Mountains. The town name comes from Caron, to some a King to others a Saint, who died and was buried here during the 3rd century. His grave is thought to be where the church tower stands.
The present church was built in 1848, but the tower dates back to the 14th century. It sits on a small mound, which was created to cover Caron's grave. The building includes Victorian features, with fine details on the doors and ornate windows. ....
More Tregaron Tourist Information >>