Llantrisant can be found north of Pontyclun and south of Pontypridd in the county of Rhondda Cynnon Taff, South Wales. The town sits between the rivers Ely and Clun and derives its name from the three saints, St Illtyd, St Dyfonwg and St Gwynno, with 'trisant' meaning 'three saints'.
The site of Llantrisant Parish Church, the church of the three saints, is believed to have been a place of Christian worship since at least the 7th Century, and in 1096 the parish church was built and dedicated. The church was rebuilt by Richard de Clare in 1246 in the Norman style and in the 15th Century the tower was added. Its interior houses an effigy of a 13th century warrior. ....
More Llantrisant Tourist Information >>
Llantrisant Forum >>