Llanharry is located in the county of Rhondda Cynnon Taf, South Wales. It is close to the M4 motorway, which passes Cardiff in the east and Swansea in the west. For much of its history the village has been linked with iron mining, from Roman and Elizabethan times and through to the 20th century. However, the earliest known visitors were not miners, but a much earlier semi-nomadic tribe of Bronze Age people known as Beaker Folk. In 1929, the skeleton of a man with the customary beaker pot was found in the village and is now on display at The National Museum of Wales.
At the centre of the village stands Llanharry parish church, St Illtud's. The history of the church can be traced to the late 12th Century and it was rebuilt in the 1860's, but it is possible that the first Christian settlement grew up around a wooden church in the 5th or 6th Century. ....
More Llanharry Tourist Information >>