Abergwili is situated one and a half miles east of Carmarthen in South West Wales, and lies near the confluence of the rivers Gwili and Towy.
The village is most famous for its Bishop's Palace.
Formerly a college of priests, in 1542 Bishop William Barlow transferred the palace from St David's to Abergwili. However, the building ceased to be the bishop's palace in 1974 and now houses the Camarthenshire County Museum. ....
More Abergwili Tourist Information >>
Abergwili Forum >>