Llanberis on Llanberis forum
Travel Guide for Wales and England >  Forums in Wales and England >  Llanberis

Looking for the burial place of my great great grandfather

Apr 22, 2013 by Ron Morris

I am looking for the burial place of my great great grandfather who I belief was buried in the cemetery attached to a Chapel or Church in Llanberis,Snowdon. His sure name MORRIS is inscribed on the stone which is very near to the main entrance of the building. Regards

Response: Hi Ron,
could you please supply more information. Preferably the name of the church or chapel as there are a number within the town. Also, as Morris is quite a common name in these parts, could you supply christian names, approximate date of birth/death, and any other family members that might be included on the gravestone.
regards
Bernard
www.walesdirectory.co.uk

Looking for the burial place of my great great Grandfather.

Apr 24, 2013 by Ron Morris

Hi Bernard .Many thanks for the reply. Iam sorry that I do not have any further information as I have not visited Llanberis,and I am using information 40years old. It looks as if I shall have to visit myself. Regards Ron m.

Looking for the burial place of my great grandfather

Apr 28, 2013 by Ron Morris

Hi Bernard.A little more information from my brother who had visited 40 years ago.He believe the church is St Peris. My son who is intending to visit the area next Bank holiday so if you have any further information I would appreciate . Regards Ron m.

Response: Hi
I thought it might be St Peris Church.
Please click here for some details. http://www.walesdirectory.co.uk/Churches_and_Chapels/st-peris-church-8717.htm
It is actually a short way outside Llanberis, and I visited the church last year. Unfortunately, although I have pictures of several of the gravestones I can not find a picture of your grand-parents.
My son Daniel will probably be visiting soon as he climbs in the area.
But you say your relative is visiting soon.
Bernard

Llanberis Obelisk

May 28, 2013 by Bernard

I have a rather poor oil painting of Llanberis lake set against a backdrop of Snowdon and Dolbadarn Castle. There are two small tree covered hills in the picture, on one of which stands the castle and another on which stands a large Obelisk. I can find no mention of this obelisk anywhere and it does not feature in early pictures or paintings of Llanberis that feature the same location. The hillock stands between Dolbadarn Castle and the Snowdon Railway Car Park. Any help would be much appreciated.

Review Llanberis.

On this page you can find Pictures of and links to Llanberis in Llanberis Wales. If its not what you are looking for please click below to find more interesting places in Wales
Go to attractions in Wales listed by town Llanberis in Wales Go to tourist attractions Map of Wales
Walesdirectory.co.uk, where you can find where to go, what to see, and where to stay in Llanberis Wales.
You may make an instant secure room or cottage reservation close to this attraction. Room and cottage availability and rates are confirmed online prior to booking. Simply click through to the hotel or cottage page, choose a suitable property, check availabilty, including dates of stay, to confirm the exact room rate and reserve the accommodation.

Search Hotels

Check-in date

Check-out date

Holiday Cottages
Siabod Cottage
Betws y Coed
Wales
Click for this cottage
HENDY
Sleeps - 6
Pets - Yes
Distance - 3.28