The monastery was founded by the 6th Century celtic
Saint, Seiriol, but Viking raids have destroyed the remains of the
original structure. There are however two stone celtic crosses that date
from around 900 to 1000 A.D. housed within the present church. and
although now protected from the elements the years have taken their toll
on the ancient stone carvings.
Review Penmon Priory.